Monday Night Golf League
2023 Monday Night Golf League
League Rules, Format, and Information
- Entry Fee
The Entry Fee is $50 per player due by Wednesday, May 10.
- League Schedule
The league will be on Mondays for 13 weeks starting Monday, May 15 ending Monday, August 21, excluding May 29 & July 3. Teams are asked to arrive by 4:40, meet at 4:50 near practice green, and shot gun start at 5:00. The league will alternate playing the front nine and back nine.
- League Golf Fee
Those who are full pass holders of the Frankfort Commons will only pay the entry fee and pass holders without cart will only pay $5 for cart and entry fee; all others will pay $15 for green fees and cart each week and entry fee.
- League Format/Scoring/Rules
- The league is open to men and women of any skill level and at least 18 at the beginning of the league on May 15.
- Tee: Each participant may play the tees they normally play with the requirement that he/she play from the same tee the entire league season.
- Format: The format is 2-person team Scramble. Each player hits a tee shot. The best is selected, and each player hits a shot from that point. This format is repeated until the ball is holed. Please pick up after second putt is played from green to speed up play (3 PUTT MAX). The maximum score for a hole is a triple bogey.
- Through the green the ball may be played up to 1 club-length no nearer the hole. At no time may the ball be moved from rough to fairway or onto the fringe of the green, from fringe to green, or from a penalty area.
- You may rake and place when playing out of sand.
- Out of Bounds, all water features, natural areas, tall grass, & wooded areas shall be played as a Penalty Area with one penalty stroke assessed. Drop 2 club-lengths from the point of entry.
- Handicap/Scoring: When players sign-up they will need to record their FRONT 9 average score. Please be honest so matches can be fair and competitive! If you feel that your average changes during the season, please let the Pro Shop know. Handicaps will then be determined by subtracting 35 from your average score with a maximum handicap of 18. Then partners’ handicaps will be added together to determine the team’s total handicap and then divided by 2. As two teams compete against each other in any given week, the different between the team’s handicap will be the number of strokes the higher handicapping team will subtract at the end of the 9 holes. Example: Bob and Joe are a team, with a team handicap of 12 after dividing by 2. Phil and Betty are a team handicap of 9 after dividing by 2. When their teams complete Bob and Joe will subtract 3 strokes from their ending score. The team with the lowest score will receive one point. If tied, both teams will receive ½ point.
- Official Score Card: One team will be keeping the “Official Card” for each league round. Both teams need to agree on scores and return the card to the Pro Shop upon the completion of the round.
- Weekly Individual and Team Contests with prizes.
- Inclement Weather: If weather does not permit play or we cannot finish play, teams are asked to reschedule within 2 weeks.
- Subs: Subs can sign-up as well, include your average 9-hole score on the FRONT nine to establish a handicap. Subs do not pay the entry fee but do pay for green fee and cart unless they are members. If a team player or team cannot play a certain week(s) they are to contact a sub(s) to play for them. If they cannot find a sub(s) they need to contact me ASAP. We will need lots of subs! A list will be made available to contact.
- League results and standings will be displayed weekly in the Pro Shop.
Sign-up online or in the Pro Shop today! (24 Team Max!)
Deadline to sign-up is Wednesday, May 10!